Friday, October 26, 2007

What is it with the moon?


So last night the moon was full. But it wasn't just full. It was closer to the earth and 14% bigger than it's been in the past year. You know what people say about full moons? They say it makes people goofy, off kilter, do wacky things. Both my boys were up in the night with issues (night issues are the worst!). As I got up and looked out my window, this ordinarily very dark area was transformed into a different scene. The moon was so incredibly bright but I couldn't see it. All I could see was the fog illuminating the trees like some strange movie set. At first it was so beautiful, so serene. Enter the dumb imagination of all the scary movies I saw back when I could watch scary movies and I had to run and jump back into bed!
It's morning now and still VERY foggy. But this time it's not so eerie- it's perfect.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Just beautiful, Heather!! I can't imagine what it must feel like to live in paradise!!?

We had night issues here also--two very cute ones--and what a treat to see that moon. Even if it was just over our tiny strip 'O land called the back 'yard.'

Great blog. Keep it coming!!!

Love you all, Lisa

Lisa said...

Oh, I almost forgot, there will be NO 'goodbye friends' only see you later, friends!!! Right? right? Sniff-sniff.

Dionne said...

Heather,
How gorgeous! What a fun and exciting way to stay connected. You are a fabulous photographer and writer. I love the title, Saints in the Making! Grace, PJ and Joey really are. Your photographs are truly amazing and I feel like we really had a visit.

You have inspired me to finally start a blog, too. Grandpa will be thnrilled! Although we may not have as beautiful and awe-inspiring of backdrops as in Washington, our subjects are pretty adorable! I'm naming my blog,"Growing Up G" after our little angels, Gretta, Georgia and Gillian and our G-rated lifestyle.

Now if I can figure out the technology of it. It seems simple but I am a bit challenged in this area. You may not see us posted for awhile. Hmm! Wish me luck! We love and miss you guys so much!

Lots of Love, Dionne

PS Is this the Mommy version of "My Space" now?

Molly O Designs said...

Your posts and pictures brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you and your family. I can't imagine waking up to the view you have everyday. It must make you realize how much god touches everything around you :)

And I have to say, I'm a little partial to the photo of Grace in her communion dress :)