Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Scholarly Gifts

A very wise lady taught me this summer how to make spritzers using essential oils. I am in love! A lovely little gift to someone else or even to yourself can be put together inexpensively and quickly.

I'm so very excited that the big kids are going back to school for the first time in two years TOMORROW! It's not that I'm excited they're leaving. I am thrilled that they are going into such a great environment. So the teacher in me got busy putting together a little sumpin for a first day gift.

Pep Talk Spritzers- when you need a little pick me up.
*Essential oils
*Witch Hazel
*Filtered Water
*Small bottles- I used 4ozs


I bought this Pep Talk blend premade at the health food store, but you could make your own using peppermint and orange essential oils. In a 4oz bottle found at many craft or health food stores for about $2.50, mix 2 tbsp. witch hazel with 10 tbsp. filtered water. Add 5-6 drops of oil. And here's where you can get crafty- make it with lavender and chamomile for bedtime. Combine rosewood, nutmeg, lavender, and sweet orange to relieve tension. Stop a headache with basil exotic, clary sage, lavender extra, and peppermint. You could make a bunch of spritzers for a healthy way to freshen the house, the car and you!

The boxes were from Michael's and were two for a dollar. We also forced ourselves into the chocolate shop for some treats to add- certainly not for us! ;)

1 comment:

Regina said...

you know i know an essential oils distributor if you ever need any, or have any questions about them ;)
r