Thursday, May 21, 2009

Turned Out Pretty Good

Do you ever have those days when you wake up feeling feisty? If you know me, you know that I'm not a yeller. This morning I was a feisty yeller. Every little thing sent me clutching my fists and holding my breath. The cereal crunching, the legos clanking, the legos alllll over the floor, the arguments over the legos, the lego play that went far too long... Catch my drift? I need structure people. I can't just hang and play legos when there is a schedule to follow and dishes to put away and LEGOS TO PICK UP! So I yelled. And then yelled out for help from other homeschooling mommies. And then after we finished (finally!) our work, we made a break for it.



Which is probably what we should have done when I felt the fist clenching coming. Because it did the trick. The blue skies, the warmth of the sun, the fresh air on the bike ride, the backpack lunch- it was all good.

And just to confirm that it was indeed good, on my way home from TJ's tonight, I had the sunroof open, the frogs were singing, the sun was going down, the colors were amazing. This morning's rage seems like a year ago and I am glad to be me again. And rest assured, the legos are all put away for another day.

No comments: