Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mulchin' with the Corps

I had the pleasure of working with Earth Corps yesterday at a local island park. I had no idea I was in for such a bootcamp style butt whooping- up and down that hill over and over with bucket loads of mulch. In between sprinkles of rain and sweet sunshine we filled in lots of eroding land and learned about those pesky invasive plants. (I can't stand blackberry scrapes!)

This hill just kept going on down to the lake. My legs are VERY sore today.

I loved the whole experience and I adored Moses, our soft spoken, smiling guide from Kenya who can't wait to see his new nephew after being gone two years to the states.
Awesome way to spend the afternoon- I recommend looking them up and volunteering. it's a refreshing change (and a fabulous workout).

Some of our troop and parents and some randoms, don't you love randoms?

No comments: