Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day



Yesterday my daughter asked me what the biggest thing was that happened this year. I didn't hesitate, "moving" I answered. Her eyes were big as saucers. She looked at me incredulously. "MOM! Did you forget my first Holy Communion?!" Oops.

So there are the two toppers. Moving out of state to a new life and a most important sacrament. Of course there are plenty others that make the list:

*Starting off 2007 vacationing with dear friends in Zion, Utah (not the stitches part!)
*The big 10 year anniversary surprise trip to Vancouver Island
*Having fun in San Luis Obispo with Grandma and Grandpa
*Uncle Jim and Aunt Tala's wedding
*Uncle Ike and Aunt Abby's wedding
*Visiting with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Moebeck in St. Louis
*Thanksgiving with lots of family
*PJ getting his tonsils out like a champ

Not a shabby list. We've had a great year. Naturally there have been some minor setbacks but that's what makes life interesting, right?

Here's to a healthy, happy and holy 2008.