Friday, December 21, 2007

Meet My Guardian Angel


Some of you already know about Michael and know of the stories. That's okay because I'm going to share it again anyway.

Michael's parents were good friends to my folks back in the early 70's. We were very close in age. I remember nothing of Michael, sadly. Even more sad is that on Mother's day not long after, he drowned while boating with his dad. From what I understand his dad turned from him to do something and when he turned back again- Michael was gone from sight. Not even the splash was heard. It was devastating on his family and the marriage dissolved. Drinking became heavy for the father and the friendship with my folks suffered some distance as well.

Years later I received a phone call from Michael's father. He sounded drunk and he was crying. He wanted to tell me it was Michael's birthday and that he would be my age. I was a teenager and I didn't know what to say. It was an uncomforable call. He told me that Michael watches over me. Even more uncomfortable.

When I was 22 I had a cancer scare. I didn't think much of it- I was young and invincible. I'm sure it frightened my parents. Originally doctors thought I had malignant melanoma- skin cancer on my upper right back. I quickly had surgery to go deep down and remove any cancerous tissues. A few days after the surgery my father got a long distance phone call from Michae's dad. He was asking if I was okay. My father told him what was happening and that we were awaiting results. "She's going to be okay" he said. Michael had come to him in a dream the night before and appeared to be standing behind me. He raised his hand over my shoulder and a white light shone all around. He let his dad know that everything would be fine now.

Well surprisingly this story didn't make me uncomfortable at all. In fact it gave me peace and hope. I was okay then and I will be because I know that I am watched over and cared for. Merry Christmas, Michael.