Sunday, January 13, 2008

Guess Where These Took Me Today?!


I should back up and preface that it was the MOST glorious day. Sun, yes, I said SUN-shining brightly. Birds chirping. 48 degrees. So the shoes gave me a nudge and said, "Up and at em, mama, we have trails to cover".

Well you know how much of the trail these over-zealous little shoes conquered? 14 miles! Yep, the longest of my training thus far. My timing STUNK but that's okay. For the first long run I needed to make sure I could find my way home from the trail. I wasn't trying to be a superstar out there or anything like that. And 2.5 hours later, I was home and hurtin' for certain. My legs have never felt that way before.

You'll be happy to know that after 2 Advil, a hot bath and a sandwich, I am good to go. And I'm looking forward to next we when week up it one more mile! (Actually, I better get back to you on that in the morning!)

No comments: