Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thankful


Yesterday I went for an early morning long run. Long runs for me can be tough. My legs morph into heavy tree stumps. I get weak halfway through. And sometimes I am nowhere near a bathroom!

Despite all of those issues and more- I had such a wonderful experience. A little over an hour into the run I came to a dead end on an old farm road. There were barns sparse in the distance but for the most part it was me, the river, the trees and the sky. Just as I stopped to turn around, a massive bald eagle flew right over me. With the backdrop of the blue, blue sky and the snow capped mountains in the distance with sunlight streaming over them- I just shouted it right out loud. "Thank you God, for this day and for the beauty that surrounds me."

I felt so good. So alive. So thankful.

No comments: