Monday, July 28, 2008

Run. Drive. Sleep? Repeat.

Oh my gosh, I did it. We did it. My fabulously funny and fast footed team and I did it. We finished the Ragnar Relay this weekend. It was 24 hours of the most excitement I've had in a long time. And by far, one of the most fun things I've EVER done. All of my worries from the previous post were not warranted because we all had stomach issues from not sleeping and eating on the run (literally). We all stunk. We all laughed ourselves silly like a second grade slumber party. We all got to know eachother extremely well and came away with a pocket book full of inside jokes and memories.

To be honest, it was brutally exhausting to run in the evening, the middle of the night and again in the morning with no rest. The hills were tough, really tough. We all felt like you-know-what in a bucket. (Oh and all those honeybuckets- if I never see one again it will be just fine with me!) But I would do it again in a heartbeat. Sore feet and all.


Here's my fellow Mitochondriacs. There were six in each van. This is just before we left to head up north before the race. (I'm holding the sign). And we did pretty well- 15th overall out of 149 teams! Go Mitos!! Important to note that we ran for Paul- a member of our team who was seriously injured while riding his bike to work. We missed you, Paul!

No comments: