Saturday, August 16, 2008

And Finally, The Heat

So all summer long I've been waiting for it. The real deal- hot days. We are on day number 3 in the 90's which pleases me to no end. Huh? Is that some sarcasm coming from the girl with no A/C in her house??? Nope. You see I've been afraid that summer (which really just started in July around here) was petering out. I was worried that my kids were missing out on swimming and lazy hot days that get the best of you and sun-lightened hair.

So I am grateful for the past two days at the beach coming home worn out with a stifling kitchen to warm to cook in. I am grateful that we'll hit the lake yet again this afternoon with raft in tow. I am grateful that I'm sticky and sweaty. With fall just around the corner I can now honestly feel like indeed there was a real summer- the season does exist up here in the Pacific Northwest.

Now I'm off to break out the homemade popsicles and run through the sprinkler- and suck it all up before Monday's high of 75 with rain.

1 comment:

Regina said...

yes, totally hot. tug (hubby) is complaining to no end about the no a/c thing! but it sure is pretty!!!
r