Friday, December 19, 2008

Mountain Miracle-A Nativity Story


On the list of books to review for the Catholic Company, I found a children's book. I LOVE this genre and so I jumped on it right away. Another benefit- the opportunity to share this with my children during Advent.

The book Mountain Miracle- A Nativity Story is a quick read but in reading it to children, can't be done in one sitting. The book is comprised of 94 pages and a large print with some illustrations. I found the beginning somewhat hard to follow. It took both me and my children a bit to fully understand who the characters were and what was taking place. Mountain Miracle was originally written in Spanish so perhaps the translation led us to the initial disconnect.

However, a few bedtimes into our reading the author, Alvaro Correa, LC, had us hooked. Without giving away the true miracle on the mountain let me tell you that my voice wavered and my bottom lip quivered as I read about a shepard, a dove and the Blessed Mother smiling. Imagining a nativity story so life-like gave me chills.

This will be a book that I put in my Christmas basket to read for years to come. A special little story that lets one believe in miracles and remember what a true Christmas is all about.

This review was written as part of the Catholic Book Reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Mountain Miracle - A Nativity Story.

No comments: