Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Had a Thought


My father just had a pacemaker put in on Monday to help with some heart troubles he's been having. I'm slowly understanding these handy, little gadgets. I learned that this device will never let the heart get over a specified amount and likewise not get too low, either.

Here's what I propose (especially after losing some brains yesterday)...what if we invent a pacemaker for the brain? You know, it will automatically switch off those agonizing thoughts at midnight, stop you from the yo-yo game of "did I turn off the iron or not?!" while driving away from home, prevent you from getting your toddler's cartoon song stuck in your head, etc.

On the contrary, this neuro-pacemaker will never let brain waves get so slow so you can avoid the problem of seeing people you know on the street and go blank over their name. Imagine never zoning out on a test again. And every grocery store visit will be fruitful (ha!) because you'd never forget anything- namely your list.

Do you see where I'm going with this? We're on the brink of genius here. Now who do I contact about it...

No comments: