Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Otter Connection

I like to think things are providential- all for a reason. Last week my daughter brought me a library book and asked if I'd look at it with her. The cover looked cute enough, the little one was sleeping and it was a beautiful day. "Sure" I said, "let's sit on the patio".

So out we went and read this fantastic little gem entitled Lootas, Little Wave Eater: An Orphaned Sea Otter's Story. The true story features Lootas*, an otter pup, who was housed at the Seattle Aquarium- our stomping ground. I noticed on the back that the author has written other children's books and lives not too far from me. So what's a wondering mind to do? Google her name and see what else she's written.

Only to my delight I see that she has a link of upcoming events- a writing course...for children's books... I'm all signed up and ready to go!

*The author was kind enough to answer an email I sent. She let me know that Lootas is still at the aquarium and she is a grandmother!

No comments: