Sunday, June 8, 2008

Junuary

Yes, that's what they're calling it. It's June but it feels like winter. It's in the 40's as I type with a high of 53 expected. Did I move to Alaska?? What is going on here? I haven't seen the sun in days, it hasn't stopped raining in days, it's been gray for days...

So weather reports claim it's about 15 degrees cooler this month than the norm. That makes me feel a little better. But how I long for short sleeves and skirts with sandals. How I wish I could retire the fleece jackets and the rain boots. After ten years of living in the desert, I am so not accustomed to this.

Okay, okay, enough complaining. I'm sure it will get nice soon. Until then I'll stay bundled up and have yet another cup of tea and focus on the good stuff- I love that it's light out until 10 and when the rain stops for a minute we can step out into the lush beauty that surrounds us.


Here is my husband walking the dog behind our house. The fog was just rolling in behind him- it was magical.

No comments: