Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day Eight of the Novena


THE DAY OF FORGIVENESS
Lord Jesus, it is impossible to approach you and your servant Rita without learning the way of forgiveness. No Prayer would ever be acceptable to you if it did not come from a heart free of all resentment and full of love. You have said: " Whatever you seek in prayer, believe you have received it and it will be yours. And when you come to pray, forgive anyone against whom you may have something. This is the condition you place before us.

You, Saint Rita, when your husband was murdered, quietly hid his bloodied clothing so that your sons would not be moved to seek revenge. Teach me the strength, the joy and the peace that are found in forgiving.

I want to give my brothers and sisters true Christian example, for without this my faith would be poor and pharisaical and all my offerings in vain. I do not want to be rejected by the God of mercy and love to whom I confidently offer today a willing heart and from whom, through your intercession, O great example of forgiveness, I await the favor I seek.

No comments: