Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Saint of Impossible Causes



FIRST DAY OF THE NOVENA

INVOCATION
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

READING - FAITH
Lord Jesus, to the man of the Gospel who asked a great favor of you, you said:" All things are possible to one who believes."

My faith is weak, Lord and too often it falters in the course of life's daily events. But encouraged by the example and the intercession of your servant, Saint Rita, I make the words of the Apostle Paul my own; " I know in whom I have placed my faith and I remain firm".

You, Saint Rita, have suffered greatly, but have always believed in the Lord no matter what life brought you. I, too Lord. Believe in you, Son of our all-powerful Father.

I believe firmly that you never deceive anyone who calls on you with a sincere heart, entrusting all to your wisdom and love. I believe that you order all the joy and suffering of our lives solely for our good. And so I believe that you will grant me the favor I ardently seek if it will be for my greater good.

O Lord, I will strive to live a life more consistent with faith in you and inspired by the teaching of the gospel

REFLECTION
( A time of silent prayer )

LITANY
Lord, have mercy Lord, have mercy
Lord, have mercy Christ, have mercy
Lord, have mercy Lord, have mercy
God our Father in heaven Have mercy on us
God the Son Have mercy on us
Redeemer of the world Have mercy on us
God the Holy Spirit Have mercy on us
Holy Trinity , one God Have mercy on us
Mary, Mother of God Pray for us
Mary, Mother of Good Counsel Pray for us
Mary, Mother of Consolation Pray for us
Mary, Mother of Grace Pray for us
Saint Joseph Pray for us
Saint Augustine Pray for us
Saint Monica Pray for us
Saint Clare of Monte Falco Pray for us
Saint Nicholas of Tolentine Pray for us
All holy men and women Pray for us
Saint Rita, our protectress Pray for us
Saint Rita, peacemaker Pray for us
Saint Rita, friend of widows Pray for us
Saint Rita, example of obedience Pray for us
Saint Rita, model of mothers Pray for us
Saint Rita, heroic in suffering Pray for us
Saint Rita, generous in forgiving Pray for us
Saint Rita, persevering in prayer Pray for us
Saint Rita, filled with compassion
for the suffering of Christ Pray for us
Saint Rita, wounded with a thorn
from the crown of Jesus Pray for us
In all our temptations Pray for us
In all dangers Pray for us
In all tribulations Pray for us
In all sorrows Pray for us
In the hour of death Pray for us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world Have mercy on us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world Have mercy on us
Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world Grant us peace
Pray for us, saint Rita of Cascia That we may become worthy of the promises of Christ

Father in heaven, you granted to St. Rita a share in the passion of your Son. Give us courage and strength in time of trial, so that by our patient endurance we may enter more deeply into the paschal mystery of your Son , who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

PRAYER
O powerful Saint Rita you are called Saint of the Impossible. In this time of need, I come to you with confidence. You know my trials, for you yourself were many times burdened in this life. Come to my help, pray with me, intercede on my behalf before the Father. I know that God has a most generous heart and that he is most loving Father. Join your prayer to mine and obtain for me the grace I desire. ( HERE MENTION YOUR REQUEST ) I promise to use this favor when granted to better my life, to proclaim God's mercy , and to make you widely known and loved. Amen

SAINT RITA............................PRAY FOR US

No comments: