Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day Two of the Novena to St. Rita


INVOCATION
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

THE DAY OF HOPE
Scripture tells us; " Abraham believed hoping against all hope." And God performed a miracle. Lord Jesus, how seldom I have practiced the virtue of hope in my life. I am so short-sighted. I place confidence in created things and in a world which will pass away and rarely hope in those greater goods which never pass away; in you, in your grace and in your promise of never-ending life.

I am so proud, Lord, that I entrust myself to your great power only when my own weak and helpless natural powers fail me. But now, Lord, the disappointing experience of misunderstanding and injustice, the impotence and the limits of our human resources have robbed me of all hope. Nonetheless, like Abraham, our father in faith, I want to hope. Since I hope in you. O Lord, you will hear me, O Lord my God.

Saint Rita, you teach me the way of hope and so I entrust o your powerful intercession the favor which is so close to my heart. You teach me by the example of your entire life to count on God alone, since he is the great hope of our people and above every other good.

No comments: