Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day Three for the Novena


DAY OF LOVE
God is Love
Lord Jesus, may my heart discover in these words the most valuable lesson of life, which invites us to a life of trust in you and which is expressed in gratitude : because of love, you, O God, have wished to know our sorrow. God is love. Therefore I too created in your image and likeness, ought to be a reflection of your love, your mercy and your goodness, in the world and for the world.

Saint Rita was this, Lord. She was a true Christian, self-giving, generous toward all , even her enemies, both spiritually and materially.
I have not always been this way, and yet many times I have tries to be heard by you who have told me: love one another as I have loved you.

Saint Rita, example of love an suffering, teach me to love God and my brothers and sisters with true Christian love. And since on account of my selfishness I do not deserve to be heard, join your ardent love with my desire to grow in love and offer it to the God of goodness for the favor I so greatly desire.

No comments: